Australia is one of the most beautiful countries to be married in and Sydney boasts some of the most wonderful locations within an easy reach of the heart of the city.
I would love be your Celebrant and I am available 7 days a week.
Here is a an overview if living overseas and you are considering a wedding in Sydney.
There are no residency qualifications required for your marriage to take place. The only requirement is that you are free to marry and you will be required to prove that when you lodge the Notice of Intended Marriage (NIM).
The marriage must comply with the Marriage Act 1961 as outlined in Legal Obligations
NB. There is no reason as to why your marriage in Australia would not be recognised within your own country. It is advisable that you have this confirmed with your local authorities prior to making arrangements. Some European countries may require the Marriage Certificate to be stamped with an Apostille stamp — it is advisable to check this and obtain from Australian Passport office while you are here.
It is also important to note that in Australia there can only be one legal marriage. Any further ceremony would be recognised as Re-Affirmation of Vows
Requirements if lodging NIM from overseas
· The Notice of Intended Marriage must be provided to your Marriage Celebrant at least one month prior to the marriage being solemnised.
· This Notice must be witnessed by the appropriate authorities details of which can be supplied on request and which also appear on the NIM
· The Notice can be given in person, via fax, scan or mail or emailed to your Celebrant.
· The original Notice of Intended Marriage MUST be produced to your Marriage Celebrant. If you do not produce the original Notice then your marriage cannot proceed.
· Your passports and birth certificates MUST be brought to with you and must be sighted by your Marriage Celebrant.
If they are not sighted then your marriage cannot proceed.
· You must be at least 18 years of age to marry in Australia
· Your marriage must be witnessed by two other people over 18 years of age
· The marriage ceremony is performed in English and must be understood clearly by the couple. Please advise if and interpreter is required.
If you choose a public park it is recommended you check with the local council to see if you need to book the area. Here are just some ideas.
Rocky Point Island, Balmoral
The Botanical Gardens
The Rocks Area Sydney
The Bible Garden, Palm Beach
Bradleys Head, Mosman
One of Sydney's many beautiful beaches
Athol Hall, Mosman
Watsons Bay, Vaucluse
A number of magnificent wedding venues/restaurants/outdoor locations (see Great Locations and Venues)
Sydney Marriage Celebrant, Sydney Celebrant, Civil Marriage Celebrant Sydney, Wedding Celebrant Sydney, Celebrant Sydney,
Wedding Ceremony Sydney, Wedding Celebrations Australia